2015 was an incredible year for Slow Food Chicago! We are so grateful for all of YOU for your enthusiasm and participation as co-producers towards a good, clean, fair food system.
Here's a snapshot of Slow Food Chicago's 2015 by the numbers:
- 7,195 Twitter Followers, 4,729 Facebook Fans, 3,215 Instagram Followers
- 300 attendees at our 6th Annual Farm Roast!
- 250 heirloom tomato seedlings that found new homes with gardeners around Chicago
- 45 Slow Food leaders from 11 chapters gathering in Chicago for the Slow Food Midwest Regional Retreat
- 30 local farmers and producers featured in Farm Roast menu items
- 14 Blog Profiles of local producers, farmers and chefs
- 11 Ark of Taste ingredients featured in Farm Roast menu items
- 8 preSERVE Garden Volunteer Days
- 7 Instagram Takeovers with local producers, farmers, and chefs
- 5 new board members
- 5 scholarships for delegates to represent Chicago at Slow Meat
- 4 Food Book Club Gatherings
- 4 Crop Mobs of volunteers to help out local farmers for a day
- 1 award from the State of Illinois for supporting local agriculture
For those of you who weren't able to attend our Annual Meeting, you can check out the presentation from the event here that outlines highlights from Slow Food Chicago's year, plus presentations by Heidi Hedeker from Expo Milano and Breanne Heath about Terra Madre!