We know it feels like summer has already slipped away. But there’s still time to soak up the last days, and we want to spend them with you!
Join Slow Food Chicago for our annual get together this Sunday to enjoy an afternoon of eating, sipping, learning and meeting other people who care about good, clean, fair food in Chicago.
Slow Food Chicago Annual Meeting
Sunday, September 14 from 1-4pm
The Plant, 1400 W. 46th St.
We are so excited to spend the afternoon at The Plant, Chicago’s first off-the-grid vertical farm and artisanal food business incubator. If you’ve been meaning to check it out, (which the Wall Street Journal, FastCo, and NPR say you should) now is the time – tours are normally $10 and will be free on Sunday! Stroll around the beautiful outdoor gardens and underground aquaponics facilities, check out theirnew mural, and stop by the Salvage art exhibit.Oh! And of course there will be food. We’ll be serving up:
- Delicious and flakey Pleasant House Bakery pies
- Local noshing provided by Fortune Fish (Old Chatham Nancy’s Camambert, Quince & Apple preserves, Scrumptious Pantry Pickled Beets, The Brinery Jape Kin Cod Pickles, Rustic Bakery Flatbreads, Spindrift Sodas)
- Heirloom Tomato Tasting supplied by Local Foods
- Olive oil tasting from O-Med
- Samples from 2014 Slow Food Terra Madre delegates: The Scrumptious Pantry, Great Lakes Sugarbush Maple Syrup,PearTree Preserves and Willow Garlic Growers.
With all that eating, you’ll need something to wash it down! We got you covered with samplings of local brews and cocktails from Devin Kidner, this year’s Slow Food USA Ark of Taste Cocktail Competition‘s overall winner. Devin will be mixing sample cocktails of FEW Gin and local produce/herbs. Follow her behind the scenes.