Are you orchard curious? Learn everything you need to know about growing fruit trees in your backyard or on your deck at Slow Food Chicago’s Backyard Orchardist Workshop on Sunday, May 5.
The workshop will cover:
- Best choices of fruit trees and berry plants to grow organically in Chicagoland.
- Introduction to basic fruit tree pruning.
- How to graft a fruit tree that you are unable to locate from a commercial nursery.
- Add an additional variety to an already existing fruit tree.
- How to espalier a fruit tree.
An introduction will be provided by Oriana Kruszewski, a woman who owns a certified organic orchard in Winslow, Illinois, with 25 years of experience growing fruit trees and an orchard of more than 500 pear trees.
Pre-registration: $35 ($25 for Slow Food members)
Walk-in: $40 ($30 for Slow Food members)
Sign up here.