Did you know Slow Food is run entirely by volunteers? Here are some ways you can help us support Chicago’s good food culture! (Sign up to volunteer at the bottom of this page!)
Through our events, we:
- Create interest in and support for our local food culture
- Promote sustainable producers and purveyors in our community
- Bring people together through the common language of food
- We host 10-20 events every year. Most come from the suggestions of members and volunteers.
Support an Event
We're always looking for support for our events, whether it's helping with promotion, taking photos, welcoming guests, and more! You can always expect to enjoy the event once your shift is over (which means good food!).
Volunteer at the preSERVE Garden
The preSERVE garden in North Lawndale was created in partnership with Slow Food Chicago, the North Lawndale Greening Committee, the Chicago Honey Co-Op, and NeighborSpace.
The garden relies entirely on volunteers. Consider lending a hand! We need help with:
- Planting, weeding, and harvesting
- Planning events at the garden or in the neighborhood
- Writing grants and identifying additional sources of funding
Teach a Workshop
Have something you can teach the community? We are always looking for workshop teachers, hosts and locations to promote the culture of local, sustainable food and preserve food traditions. Send your ideas and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many other ways you can volunteer for Slow Food. Some include:
- Supporting our PR and communications efforts
- Helping with grant writing proposals
- Assisting with web development and other virtual tools
- Got a skill? Chances are we need it! Email us to let us know.