To join Slow Food Chicago today, simply sign up for a membership with Slow Food USA by visiting their website here. By selecting Chicago as your local chapter, your membership with Slow Food USA automatically makes you a member of Slow Food Chicago!
Joining Slow Food USA means you are contributing to national initiatives and policy promoting good, clean, and fair food. Making Slow Food Chicago your local chapter allows you to also enjoy local member perks, get discounted event entry, and become part of a resilient, food-forward community.
Being a membership-based organization means our success relies on the commitment and contributions of our members. Membership provides the fire and funds that fuel our movement: the more members we have, the more influence we have, and the more work we’re able to accomplish worldwide.
Slow Food Chicago Membership Benefits
- Enjoy monthly perks throughout the year as part of our Year of Slow Food
- Receive discounts on select Slow Food Chicago events
- Connect with other members at members-only events
- Engage with the Slow Food community through our members-only Facebook Group
- Learn about delicious food, wine, and beer being produced right here in Chicago
- Be a part of the Slow Food movement in our region, the US, and internationally
Slow Food USA Membership Benefits
- Connect with other people who care about the same kinds of things you care about. Receive discounts and special invitations to national and international events, including Terra Madre and Salone del Gusto.
- Learn more about good, clean and fair food and the Slow Food movement. Receive an exclusive print magazine that showcases what is happening in the Slow Food movement locally, nationally and internationally, along with access to special members-only offers and previews.
- Engage in helping to make a more good, clean and fair food system. Learn about opportunities to get involved in national campaigns and local activities and projects.
- Support an organization that shares your values and is working to make the kind of change in the world you want to see. Your membership proclaims your commitment to Slow Food values. You ARE the Slow Food movement!
What do your membership dues support?
- National Slow Food initiatives, including the Ark of Taste, the National School Garden Program, Slow Meat, Slow Fish, and other national campaigns.
- Slow Food International’s global programs like Terra Madre, Presidia projects and Gardens in Africa.
- Tools and Resources for chapter leaders, including trainings, how-to guides, forums for dialogue between regions, and technical assistance, including micro-grants, promotional materials, templates and database management.