The Chicago Humanities Festival - an annual gathering of ideas, humanities, and exploration - is taking on the theme of Speed this fall. So naturally, they're also exploring the counterpoint of speed - slowing down. They're inviting us all to take a pause (if we can) between October 29 - November 12 to explore speeding up, slowing down, the push and pull on our pace of life... including Slow Food!
Learn more about the Slow Food movement at these wonderful CHF programs in November:
- Carl Honore, In Praise of Slowness (Nov 5th, 5pm)
- The Adventures of Fat Rice with Abe Conlon and Adrienne Lo (Nov 1st, 8pm)
- Slow Food with Jason Hammel (Nov 1st, 6pm)
These additional programs are also inspired by the Slow movement, beyond food alone.
- Slow Art: Looking Long and Hard in the Age of Instant Everything (Nov 12th, 11:30am)
- Slow, Artistic, Indie TV (Oct 29th, 4:30pm)
- Slow Reading and the Russian Novel (Oct 29th, 12:30pm)